A rental vehicle should be used if the overall cost is less expensive than reimbursing the traveler for personal vehicle use or if a Baylor-owned fleet vehicle is not available.
Only Baylor Approved Drivers are authorized to drive a Baylor-owned, leased, or rented vehicle. See Driving for Baylor for more information.
Preferred Rental Vehicle Providers
|Enterprise and National|
- Collision Damage Coverage (DW/CDW/LDW) is provided at no additional charge for all business rentals
- Liability Coverage is provided at no additional charge for all business rentals.
- Optional Personal Accident Insurance (PAI) is not required.
- Traveler may wish to purchase optional Personal Effects Cargo (PEC) coverage. PEC benefits apply to personal effects belonging to the vehicle renter. Baylor cannot cover the loss of personal items.
- Optional Supplemental Liability Protection (SLP) is not required.
- If travel is personal in nature, the traveler may wish to purchase optional insurance coverage (DW, PAI, PEC, or SLP).
For additional information regarding insurance coverage and related information, contact Risk Management at Risk@Baylor.edu.
- Traveler must purchase the maximum limits required by law in the country where travel is to take place for physical damage and liability. For more information on international travel, visit the Center for Global Engagement website.
If the traveler has an accident, it must be reported to Risk Management as soon as possible. The Accident can be reported by email (Risk@Baylor.edu) or via the Incident Report Form.
When traveling on University business, employees are covered by Workers' Compensation Insurance. However, to protect the employee and his/her estate it is essential that evidence be presented that the travel was for University business, and evidence must exist in the University's records.